Continuing TREND’s 2022 year-end roundup series on your Chattanooga Chamber, this week we’re covering recent accomplishments and ways to connect with Marketing and Engagement.
The Marketing-Engagement group works every day to build and expand the Chamber’s reputation and brand, to attract business and talent to Chattanooga, and to promote and champion member businesses. To achieve this, the team’s activities and focus include:
- Directing visual branding and executive communications
- Serving as primary contact on media relations and digital platforms, and developing positive relationships with key influencers
- Liaising with the greater-Chattanooga community on behalf of the Chamber, including strong external relationships with the business community
- Directing programs and events designed to deliver benefits and services to the Chamber’s top investors
- Working closely with the membership team to attract, retain, and engage members
- Developing and retaining sponsor relationships.
So, what are some ways you, our TREND readers, can engage with the Chamber’s marketing and communications efforts?
- First, make sure you’re subscribed to BottomLines, our twice-monthly email newsletter that reaches up to 8,000 Chamber members. Chamber Members can also submit their news items to BottomLines through a submission portal at ChattanoogaChamber.com.
- In addition to TREND, keep the following Chamber websites bookmarked for updates: ChattanoogaChamber.com, ChattanoogaCalling.com, and GreaterChatt.com.
- Check out the Business Trend section in EDGE magazine, a monthly online and print publication from the Chattanooga Times Free Press. This special section, available for free at newsstands around town, contains exclusive Chamber news.
- Connect on social media! The Chamber posts news and happenings daily to our channels at LinkedIn (11,000+ followers), Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Attend a Chamber event! Signature Events include: Federal Focus (July), the Annual Meeting (August), the Economic Outlook Breakfast (February), Chamber Awards (April), Diversify (June), and coming up on Dec. 14 is the annual Open House. To help build your business, come on out for a recurring networking event; those include area Council meetings, AM Networking, and Business Afterhours.
- Guest-write for TREND! We’re always looking to spotlight community voices or initiatives that a business audience would find interesting. Your company can also reach TREND’s loyal readership through affordable sponsorship opportunities. Guidelines for how to pursue both are here.
As audiences experience “information overload,” it’s more important than ever the Chamber’s marketing and communications tell the business sector’s stories and demonstrate community impact. In the past year, the Marketing-Engagement team has:
- In partnership with Development Counsellors International, helped secure more than 1.12 billion media impressions featuring news about Chattanooga and its business sector (For 60 years DCI has been a leading national PR firm for place-based marketing; their client base and expertise is highly specialized, in economic development and tourism.)
- Installed an innovative, interactive sculpture at the Chattanooga Airport, Chattanooga Climbs, aimed at attracting and retaining talent through ChattanoogaCalling.com
- Revamped ChattanoogaTrend.com –the Chamber’s flagship business publication– as a one-stop platform for Chamber content with a smoother aesthetic and user interface, and multimedia capabilities.