Nominations are now open for Leadership Chattanooga’s Class of 2025.
During the program, participants will receive leadership development through immersive experiences marked by meaningful self-reflection, community service initiatives and networking opportunities, including meeting with local and state leaders.
The goal is to prepare existing and emerging leaders from various industries to become equipped for public decision-making and community service. Since the program’s 1984 inception, over 1,800 people have graduated.
“Each monthly session delves into a different sector of our community, spanning education, workforce preparedness, government organization and the promotion of inclusive economic practices,” said Toya Moore, Leadership Development Director for the Chattanooga Chamber Foundation.
Operating annually, Leadership Chattanooga selects up to 45 people through a competitive application process and review that evaluates candidates based on the following criteria:
- Sincere commitment, motivation and enthusiasm in serving our community
- Demonstrated dedication to civic engagement through volunteer activities
- Interest in public service through seeking elected office, volunteering for a nonprofit board or other significant leaderships roles
- Recognized potential for career advancement to top leadership positions
- Alignment with the diversity of our community, ensuring representation across a range of economic sectors, professions, perspectives, ages, cultural backgrounds and geographic regions spanning Hamilton County and Chattanooga
“Our Leadership Chattanooga graduates consistently share how our program has given them a more well-rounded view into the inner workings of our community,” Moore said. “They speak of the enduring relationships they’ve created – connections that often bridge the gap between diverse backgrounds that may not have happened otherwise.”
Nominations for this distinguished program are open now until February 26 and can be submitted here.
To learn more about the graduating class of 2023, visit Leadership Chattanooga Graduates 2023 ‘Best Class Ever’.
To learn more about the program and Leadership Chattanooga, visit https://chattanoogachamber.com/leadership-development/.
Images courtesy of Flint Chaney