A famous man once said, “The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” You probably know that the famous man we’re referring to is renowned children’s author and illustrator, Dr. Seuss. While his message was likely intended for beginner readers, we think it applies to everyone, especially business owners.
Go online and you’ll find a slew of studies about the positive effects of reading on your brain, your writing skills, your mental health, etc. So, how can reading benefit entrepreneurs and business owners? Reading allows you to learn without experiencing something firsthand—providing valuable insight for running a business and forming connections with customers.
We frequently go inside the INCubator to chat with our entrepreneurs about their businesses, goals, #startuplife and even their recommended reading. Here we’ve pulled together some of their recommendations in one place. Happy reading!
On entrepreneurship and business:
- “Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future” by Ashlee Vance
– Recommended by WeCounsel and Rustic House
- “Influence” by Dr. Robert Cialdini,
– Recommended by Village Virtual
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change” by Stephen Covey
– Recommended by Rustic House and EES Consulting
- “Girl Boss” by Sophia Amoruso
– Recommended by Temperate
- “It’s Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy” by Michael Abrashoff
– Recommended by The American Insurance Group
To make you think:
- “Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything” by Stephen J. Dubner and Steven Levitt
– Recommended by Tennessee Moonshine Cakes