Josué Vega, Marketing & Communications Intern
Progress is huge these days. In order to stay afloat in the rough sea of economy, businesses must cling to it like a life vest. The good news is that Chattanooga has it going on—big time.
Inc. recently placed two of our businesses high on its 2021 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America list. FreightWaves, a data supply company, was awarded 85th place. At 335th place was TextRequest, an online text messaging service for small businesses.
TextRequest founders Brian and Jamey Elrod with chief technology officer Rob Reagan.
They weren’t the only ones listed, however. A total of 13 Chattanooga area businesses made the 2021 list, including Network Transport, Trident Transport, Reliance Partners, Syssero, Skuid, and Thinking Media.
To be included on the list, these businesses had to qualify in the following ways:
- Be privately owned, based in the U.S., be independent (not a subsidiary or division of another company)
- Have started earning revenue by March 31, 2016
- Had revenue no less than $100,000 in 2016
- Had revenue no less than $2 million in 2019
- Had 2019 revenue that exceeded revenue in 2016
We’re proud to be part of a community of business-oriented members who strive for success in all aspects of what they do.