Mandy Senn, 6 STRONG MEDIA
Live streaming: the delivery of Internet content in real-time, as events happen. Myths about live video that need to be set straight include:
1. It will decrease attendance at the event.
2. It only makes sense to live stream huge events.
3. It’s too expensive.
Wrong, wrong and partially wrong.
1. Live streaming can actually help grow your attendance. According to Digitell, 30 percent of people who watch a live stream of an event will attend the same event in person the following year.
2. You don’t have to host an international conference or event to warrant a live stream as live video is definitely a worthy investment for all types of events. It’s a great way to expand the event (and your brand) beyond the people in the room.
3. “It’s just too expensive.” This is an objection we hear all the time. Yes, it can be expensive to have a professionally produced set-up. However, chances are the investment will drive a healthy ROI as you can expect a rise in ticket sales at your next event as well as increased brand recognition.
If professionally producing a live stream isn’t in the budget, you have other options. Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat and Instagram all have live streaming platforms. Everyone has a phone, so utilizing any or all of these platforms is an inexpensive way to live stream your event. But please, PLEASE, stabilize your phone by putting it on a tri-pod. No one likes a shaky video. Ok, off my soapbox. We can move on.
Why Is It So Important to Utilize Live Video at Events?
Live video is a natural extension of strategies marketers have been using for years. It brings our customers together — around the ideas, events and people that matter most to them. It allows you to expand your brand and engage with your audience as you can manage live interactions and respond in real time. Technology is changing by the day. It’s time to think outside the box and determine innovative ways to better reach and connect with our audiences – both the ones in the room and the ones who aren’t.
Live Video Case Study
6 STRONG MEDIA was approached by Lodge Cast Iron to help with expanding its audience, increasing brand exposure and engaging with target customers during its sponsorship of National Cornbread Festival Cook-Off. The client wanted a professionally produced, multi-camera live broadcast to create a Food Network style experience for event attendees and online viewers.
The results? Over 35,000 live views, 600 shares and 1,100 comments on Facebook. Watch a replay of this live stream here.
Mandy Senn is the VP of Marketing for 6 STRONG MEDIA, an award-winning video production and motion graphic design agency. As a former corporate event planner, Mandy and 6 STRONG MEDIA understand the importance of using video to enhance your events.