Nominations are now open for Leadership Chattanooga‘s Class of 2023-2024.
“Leadership Chattanooga graduates tell us this program propelled them to a deeper level of understanding for how our community works and, equally as important, how they can give back with intention and purpose,” said Toya Moore, Leadership Development Director, Chattanooga Chamber Foundation.
“Often, Leadership Chattanooga grads talk about the long-term bonds they forge – many of these between people who might not have encountered one another otherwise,” said Moore. “The Leadership Chattanooga program explores a new sector of our community during each monthly session, including education, job readiness, government structure, and creating inclusive economies.”
Participants receive additional leadership training through self-reflection, peer-to-peer coaching, community service projects, and networking including meetings with state and local leaders.
Up to 45 participants are accepted into each annual Class, having been selected through a competitive application process spearheaded by the Leadership Chattanooga Selection Committee. Candidates are evaluated based on their:
- Sincere commitment, motivation and interest in serving the Chattanooga community;
- Demonstrated dedication to civic engagement through volunteer activities ;
- Interest in public service through seeking elected office, volunteering for a nonprofit board, or other key leadership role;
- Recognized potential for career advancement to top leadership positions;
- Alignment with the community’s diversity through representation of different socioeconomic sectors, professions, viewpoints, ages, cultural perspectives, ethnic backgrounds, and geographical areas throughout Hamilton County.
“It’s easy to nominate someone,” Moore said. “After completing a fairly simple nomination form on the Chamber’s website, the candidates themselves then complete an application packet that includes letters of recommendation and other easy-to-complete information.”
Nominations can be submitted here, and will be accepted through March 20. All monthly sessions, including the opening overnight retreat, are being planned for in-person engagement.
Established in 1984, Leadership Chattanooga is a ten-month leadership development program for mid-career professionals in the greater-Chattanooga region. Offered by the Chattanooga Chamber Foundation, the program helps area employers to retain top talent by providing comprehensive leadership training through experiential learning, community service, networking and exclusive interaction with key community leaders.