Chattanooga, Tennessee (May 30, 2019) — The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce has been named an Award of Excellence winner in the Communications Excellence Awards program presented by the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE). The award honors the Chamber’s Chattanooga Works podcast recorded in the publicly-available state-of-the-art podcasting studio at the downtown branch of the Chattanooga Public Library.
“Chattanooga Works has done a fantastic job of getting Chattanooga business owners to come together to not only talk about their own businesses but also to give advice and share lessons learned with entrepreneurs who may be just starting out,” said Autumn Witt Boyd, who appeared on Chattanooga Works to talk about her Legal Road Map podcast.
Produced by Chamber Interactive Content Designer Eric Lisica and hosted by the Chamber’s President & CEO Christy Gillenwater and Creative Director Jeremy Henderson, the podcast’s goal is to tell our community’s business stories, highlight local startup activity and give career, hiring and talent advice straight from local experts.
Chattanooga Works’ first season featured local guests including:
- Alexis Willis, INCubator
- Marcus Shaw, CO.LAB
- Hal Bowling, LAUNCH Chattanooga
- Felicia Jackson, CPRWrap
- Amy Donahue, River City Company
- Roy Vaughn, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Debbie Loudermilk, CADAS
- Phil Acord, Chambliss Center for Children
- Brett Wise, Gig City Elixir Conference
- Meredith Levine, Chattanooga Maker Faire
- Katie Hendrix, CO.LAB
- Autumn Witt Boyd , Legal Road Map Podcast
- Emily Thompson, Being Boss Podcast
- Matt Busby, Camp House Podcast
- Sergeant Josh May, Chattanooga Police Department
- Ronald Bristow, Bottled Tears Ministries
- Abby Garrison, Causeway
- Miguel Morales and Dustin Choate, Tremont Tavern, 1885, The Feed Co., Parkway Pourhouse
- Silvia Ramos, Chattanooga Basics
- Blake Freeman, Future Ready Institutes
- Max Poppel and Dan Rose, Flying Squirrel
- Janet Dunn, YMCA
ACCE, an Alexandria, Virginia-based association, represents more than 8,000 chamber of commerce professionals, and 1,300 chambers of commerce, around the world. ACCE’s annual Awards for Communications Excellence showcase top communications and marketing work of chambers of commerce and similar organizations.
A panel of communications and marketing professionals from six U.S.-based chambers of commerce evaluated entries. With more than 160 entries submitted in 2019, judges recognized 41 as Award of Excellence winners. Three Best in Show awards will be announced July 15 at the ACCE Annual Convention in Long Beach, California.
Listen to Season 1 below. Season 2 launches soon.