Editorial Content and Sponsorship
The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce encourages inquiries about writing articles.
We invite you to read the author qualifications below and contact the Editor to vet your story ideas.
Author qualifications include:
- Chamber member in good standing, or a PR/Ad agency representative of a Chamber member in good standing (it would be great if you joined…)
- Willing to interview the appropriate subject matter experts and gather facts that give the story context and broaden the appeal to a majority of Chamber members
In general, Business Trend articles feature best practices and proven solutions to common issues facing area businesses. Topics also include business profiles and interviews with business/community leaders.
Review ChattanoogaTrend.com online copy to understand the tone and style.
Before you submit, explore your idea with our magazine staff. We can provide feedback and work together to select a topic of broad interest to our readership of local business professionals and entrepreneurs.
Think beyond your own business motivation for writing the article – consider what other businesses might learn and apply in their own businesses. Include specific examples. Keep sentences short and simple. We strive for an informal tone, the type you would find in national business publications such as Entrepreneur, Inc., Fast Company and Wired. Write as you would speak. Please use details that tell the whole story and draw the reader in.
Once your article has published, plan to share via social media and e-newsletters, feature on your website, etc. The more you help promote your article, the more reach you'll see.
Submitting Your Article:
- Consider images as part of the article and your contribution
- Articles should be at least 600 words (longer content is welcome depending on topic) and follow Associated Press (AP) editorial style
- Submit your article either as a Microsoft Word attachment or text copy to the Editor
- Avoid automatic formatting features - such as bullets or boldface
- Submit any charts, tables, graphics or photos that support your article in separate files
- Publication will be on a space-permitting, topic appropriate basis at the Editor's discretion
- If you are submitting the same content simultaneously to any other publication, please notify us
- We reserve the right to edit as needed before publishing to our site
Advertising In Trend
For a complete list of advertising rates, please contact the editor: