Editorial Content and Sponsorship
Advertising In Trend
For a complete list of advertising rates, please contact:
The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce encourages inquiries about writing articles.
We invite you to read the author qualifications below and contact the Editor to vet your story ideas.
Author qualifications include:
- Chamber member in good standing, or a PR/Ad agency representative of a Chamber member in good standing (it would be great if you joined…)
- Willing to interview the appropriate subject matter experts and gather facts that give the story context and broaden the appeal to a majority of Chamber members
In general, Business Trend articles feature best practices and proven solutions to common issues facing area businesses. Topics also includes business profiles and interviews with business/community leaders.
Review printed issues or ChattanoogaTrend.com online copy to understand the tone and style.
Before you submit, explore your idea with our magazine staff. We can provide you with a creative brief form which will enable us to evaluate your idea and provide feedback.
Think beyond your own business motivation for writing the article – consider what other businesses might learn and apply in their own businesses. Include specific examples. Keep sentences short and simple. We strive for an informal tone, the type you would find in national business publications such as Entrepreneur, Inc., Fast Company and Wired. Write as you would speak. Please use details that tell the whole story and draw the reader in.
Submitting Your Article
- Consider images as part of the article and your contribution
- A Chamber member photographer may help you develop creative visuals
- Articles adhere to a 600-word limit and follow Associated Press (AP) editorial style
- Submit your article either as a Microsoft Word attachment or text copy to the Editor
- Avoid automatic formatting features - such as bullets or boldface
- Submit any charts, tables, graphics, or photos that support your article in separate files
- Publication will be on a space-permitting, topic appropriate basis
- If you are submitting simultaneously to any other publication, please notify us in writing
- We reserve the right to edit as needed before publishing to our site